mediocrity...

Hector Burns

Hey Everybody -

My new song just went up: "The Great Mediocrity Making Machine." It's based on a conversation I had in bar with an old drunk way back when. Recorded everything in a couple of hours. It was really raining that day - I live in Japan, and the weather's kind of changable this time of year - stepped out on the balcony and recorded it.

Check it out - it's the song at the top of the page:

http://www.mp3.com/UncleEthan

I'd love some feedback on it.

Cheers - a pint of Asahi to your health -

Ethan

Great tune.
"You're living a life of decreasing significance."
Great line!
The only thing that detracted from this tune was some of the sloppy noodling on the guitar as a fill; but only some of it. A noodling track was well suited to the tune. Just tighten it up a tad.
I just checked my can of Asahi and saw that it was brewed in Toronto by Molson! F$%K!!!!!

Hey I really like this! A country poet from Japan. Crazy.

I've always enjoyed the half music/half storytelling style...and this certainly doesn't disappoint on either half!

Some of your acting was a little bit transparent...like the very last few lines were overdone...but for the most part the vocals were interesting and believable. The guitars in the background were cool. And I liked the "traffic" sounds...although they could have been turned down quite a bit and they still would have been effective...at a couple points they sort of interfered with the lyrics.

I really enjoyed this, I might have to listen to a couple more of your tunes.

Slackmaster 2000

Thanks for the honest feedback everybody. I've taken the suggestions to heart and am going to try remixing (and maybe re-recording) the track tonight. Thanks for listening everybody -

Cheers - Ethan

And as for Asahi brewed by Labatt in Toronto, the last time I passed through Canada, I picked up a few bottles of Guiness, and sure enough, they were also brewed by Labatt. F%*K!

Back