Me Vs the Mirror

I like the song. It has a nice feel to it. Im not loving the drums though. The snare does not sound to great and they just dont seem to fit overall. Maybe try to lower the snare and mix it a bit.

The alternating vocals is a nice touch. Nice layering of guitars, that sounds good. The panning seems pretty balanced, and nothing seems really out of place. Everything is recorded nice and clear. The drums sound fine to me. No major nits to pick here.

i like the music.
i dont like the mix as much.

like stated above, drums sound like they're from a different sound.

experiment with compression of snare, and preferably some stereo width on the reverb??

vocals need more mids.

drums play 'off beat' too noticably. Quantize =]]

the song sounds like it'll be amazing but only through a good mixing process.

<33

I think it sounds a bit dry. Drums could use more reverb along with the acoustics and vocals. The electrics sound cool to me.

You have to try and make the whole mix sound like it's taking place in the same room. Everything seems to have a different room sound to it, or very little room sound, making it unnatural.

The snare is tuned very tight, I think you could benefit from a deeper/wider sounding snare sample.

I like the guitar noodling.

Alright awesome, thanks for the suggestions!

I get worried about drowning my mix in reverb, so I didn't add a ton, but I'll mess around with adding more, and spreading it (panning wise). I think I'm using like a room and a short plate right now. I have the room on everything (though the bass might be dry...) and the plate on the snare and vox, I think.

On a more final mix I have at home there is more reverb, but I forget on what. I really need to revisit that mix, and see where I'm at.

I'll try out the vocal with more mids. I've already added quite a bit. I should have used a different mic.

I'll also mess with the compression/eq on the drums.

I'm working Pro Tools. What's my easiest way to fix timing on the drums?

Back