MD8 fader crackles

johnny j

on tracks 5 to 8 on my MD8 ive suddenly started getting some quite severe crackling around the crucial 6-9 area of the slide, im also getting the same on the master volume as well though that isnt quite so bad.

on one track the problem is so severe that at certain points no sound comes through at all and i have to nudge the fader to get it back

this seems to have come on quite suddenly rather than a deteriation of an existing problem. has anyone any ideas what could cause this and more importantly how to fix it? ive tried just sliding the faders up and down repeatedly about 50 times or so and that does help a bit.

i will take the unit apart tonight and get the hoover in there in case its a dust problem but i wouldnt have thought dust or dirt would cause this problem across so many tracks, wouldnt it just effect the track that the dirt fell into?

many thanks in advance

i took the unit and hoovered in there and stuff, although there was some dusct and stuff in the unit, the problem with the crackling with faders persists

any ideas from anyone?

Pot cleaner

spray the potentiometer cleaner in there. it'll most likely do it.

i forget the brand recommended. REEL will know, he recommended me some
and it cleaned and worked as new.

There's some stuff that Ghost of FM recommends a lot,...

"Caig",... so go find "Caig" products on the web.;)

Back