mci jh-110, is this a deal?

It could be a good deal if it's working great and the heads are good. I don't know if I trust that seller though.

Can you get pics of the heads? I had owned two of them and ended up selling because they needed more work then I could do to them. They are about 247lbs so you'll need two people. Good luck.

1/2" tape might be a little pricey.

nice deck tho, if everything on it is good to go.

1/2" tape might be a little pricey.

nice deck tho, if everything on it is good to go.

It's not that bad. RMG 911 is about $56.00 and you can get the pancakes from ATR for about $67.00 I know it's not listed on the site but you can call and ask Betty and she will send it for you.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ele/1832510202.html

a 4 track 1/2 mci tape machine for $699.00, what do these usually go for, any experience with this machine?

That's about what I'd expect for a machine that is in operating condition. If you get one that is fully reconditioned from someone like Chris Mara, it will be more like $2000. A year ago I sold a fully operational 3M M-79 1/2" 4-track for about the same price as the machine you're looking at. A better audio performer in most respects than the MCI, but a much smaller market.

1/2" 4-track is kind of the poor stepchild format, since it's not a 2-mix machine and pretty limited for most multi-track purposes, though if you have a nice room and a band that can really play it can be a great way to record. If you have a 1/2" 2-track headstack in your pocket, this would be a great way to get a 1/2" 2-track machine.

Cheers,

Otto

Back