Mbox2 Help/guide?

Monsterpop

Hi folks
after buying the Mbox 2 Factory system over 9 months ago,
i finally have a pc it will work with.
my question as a TOTAL newbie on this basically whats the best way to get to know what im doing on it?
ive never recorded on my pc before,
and have recently been using a FostexMR8.
is there somewhere online i can read how to get through all of the things i need to start me off?
the manual that comes with it is useless as far as i can say.

id like to know how to use the grid sytem.how to use drum loops etc

all ive managed to do so far is sit and record a wee bit of guitar,,
but when i tried to record a second track,,it didnt work
i could hear the first one,and play along,,but it didnt record

yes,,TOTAL newbie ;)

What's up monsterpop? Come to www.protoolsforum.com and you'll probably get more responses. You can chat with me on Yahoo too..I've still got you on my buddy list from the first time you were having trouble.

It sounds like on your second track, you need to change the input from input 2 (or no input) to input 1. Then you should be able to get going just find.

Grid mode, you select how detailed you want the grid to be, ie, 1 bar, 16th notes, 64 notes, etc. You should be able to pull your loops straight onto a stereo track...my problem I've always had with pre-recorded loops is that more often than not although they say their 120bpm, the may actually be 118.7bpm or 120.9 bpm or just off a bit. You can fix this with beat detective, but you probably don't want to dealve into that until after you've got the basics down on setting your in's and out's..creating tracks, etc..etc.

how is the manual useless?
The manual goes over pretty much EVERYTHING you would need to know in Pro Tools. It's a gigantic manual and there are probably only a couple things I've ever had questions on and usually there too technical too include in the manual.

Grab a Pro Tools tutorial from the Digi Store or your local book store.

Back