"Maybe"

mattr

Resident moody teenager
I'm quite excited about how this one is gonna turn out :) Its pretty much one massive musical cliché, but proving quite fun to record so far.

Recorded all the instrumentals yesterday and then we're adding vocals next week - gonna be a very vocal-heavy song so I'm not going to let myself get carried away with polishing up the mix only to find I've left no space for vocals, but I thought I'd come and seek some opinions as I think we might need to retrack some of the guitar parts...

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=25398

...basically, I'm not convinced with how the lead is sitting in the mix. We like the tone and it took us long enough to find it, but I had to scoop the rhythms quite a lot - possibly too much for my taste - to get it to fit. Maybe a cleaner, "twangy" lead sprinkled with more high end sparkle (and ample amounts of magic fairy dust), allowing a bit more mid-range in the rhythms? What do people think?

I like it a lot. Lots of interest; and a moving, changing set of ideas.

Mebbe a tad overcompressed....too homoginized? Too squished?

Good playing.

I like it a lot. It is really getting into a great upbeat song and then it is over. I would love to hear this when it is done. I think it will be awesome.

I like this alot too! Cant wait to hear it finished. I agree....It does sound very "squished" especially at the begining..not a big fan of the gated snare thing in the begining either...but overall.....I wish I could hear more...finish it!

Decent song when it kicks in.

That was the weirdest snare sound I've heard in a long time in the low fi intro. I'd go for something with a little attack to it myself. Lo-fi, but with an attack.

It was so short it was a little difficult to comment on much else.

Added some vocals :) Still sounding scrappy but its getting there...

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=25449

Currently fighting with the low-end in general (done the classic thing of realising its too bass-heavy, then getting carried away with cutting and overshooting the mark), and also the high-mids of the guitars (vocals aren't sitting nicely at the moment)... there's also a little glitch in the lead guitar which needs sorting.

Will split into a new thread once the song is complete and I'm on to refining the mix, but at the moment this is still much a work in progress tracking and editing-wise.

Back