Maybe a tinnitus helper

Stinky

Hey folks. I wanted to share something that seems to have helped my tinnitus a great deal. I say tinnitus because I seem to have had the symptoms for several years (i.e. ringing/hissing ears and ear fatigue), though it's been somewhat mild and I've never actually gotten my hearing checked. I'm chicken. I now wear hearing protection at shows, in the studio and in the car, but I know at least some damage has been done from the hundreds of shows I've seen with no protection.

But here's the deal. I started taking the Solaray brand multivitamin called Spectro and it seems to have reduced the hissing by about 50% and ear fatique by about 80%. I'm a non-smoker, I exercise regularly, eat well and have been on a regimen of about a dozen vitamins for years, but about four months with Solaray seems to be what has made a tremendous difference. They are one of the top brands, but switching to them on a whim has had a totally unexpected positive result for me.

So, I don't want to sound like a shill for Solaray, but it seems to be working for me and I wanted to share because I was starting to think I wouldn't be able to play music any more because my ear fatigue was really uncomfortable. The bottle recommends taking six pills a day. I take three and am thrilled with the bonus of improvement with my hearing problem.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Cheers.

Don't know anything about that but NAC, which can be purchased at most vitamin stores, has been shown to stop deafness in guinea pigs in some article. I've been using it and haven't had ringing or muffled hearing for years (I also use earplugs a lot however).

Do you know what's the ingredient that's different in Spectro than a regular multi?

One thing I've noticed is that antihistamines tend to make my tinnitus much worse, for what that's worth.

Anyway, go get tested. They can't do anything, but it's good to know your exactly hearing loss. Ask 'em to test up to 12 kHz if they can, they usually stop at 8 kHz.

I don't think there's any special ingredient, but their products are all vegetarian and organic. I don't know why this extra benefit has happened. But on top of a better sense of well-being, the pills seem to help what I assume is tinnitus. They're like $12 for a hundred on sale which is more than your average discount multi-vitamin. But discount vitamins never gave me this result. Who knows if anyone else will get the same results, but I'm sold.

Back