Maximising soft synth usage in Sonar

Paul881

Look Mom, I can play!
Can anyone please tell me how I can maximise/optimise my softsynth usage/Dxi instruments in Sonar/HS 2004? Is it too much to expect to load patches in real-time whilst playing without glitches? CPU usage is never more than 35%.

After opening Stylus RMX, Kontakt and Absynth 3 in seperate tracks, I sometimes either get my audio engine trip out or the dreaded "Send a report to M/soft" which then closes HS2004.

I have a Delta 66+omni, a P4 2.4Gig PC and 1024 of RAM. Latency is 5.8mSec with 2 buffers. DMA buffer size in the Delta is 256 samples and a file bit rate of 24. (44k1 sample rate).

After opening Stylus RMX, Kontakt and Absynth 3 in seperate tracks, I sometimes either get my audio engine trip out or the dreaded "Send a report to M/soft" which then closes HS2004.
I think that maybe too much stuff going on there at that latency. :eek: :eek: :eek:
I think it's easier on the computer to run multiple patches through one synth,rather than multiple synths.
You'll probably need to render some audio so you can disable a synth.
I have the same specs as you and things get dicey after two synths,but I run at 2.9.

Could be a RAM problem,upgrade to 2 gigs. :cool: :rolleyes:

If you are using a newer version of Sonar (can't remember if this was in 3 or not) you can use freeze track.... if you have the quick freeze option enable, it only takes a couple of seconds.... this frees up a lot of processing power and you can unfreeze the track easily.

Take Care

Back