MAudio Omnistudio USB problem

coolasvanillaic

Hey guys,

I bought a new laptop, Maudio Omnistudio, and Samson monitors, recently and Ive been having a few problems that maybe someone could help me out with.

Sometimes when I play audio out from my computer through the soundcard and to the monitors, the sound starts becoming glitchy and sounds like computer noise. Obviously when Im recording it messes me up because I cant hear what Im playing to. The best way to describe it is it sounds like an old nintendo noise our something, with 8 bit sound. I switched USB cables and thought that would help but it didnt. My guitar sounds fine through the speakers though even when the sound from the computer is bad, so I think its a computer/soundcard issue.
Any ideas?

Also, Ive been getting a lot of computer noise through my monitors especially when the hard drive is running. Is there anyway to block this interference?

Hopefully someone knows whats going on. Take care!

Matt

I had the some similar problems with the USB omnistudio untill I updated the drivers to the latest versions. They can be found on the m-audio website, under support ---> drivers. It also depends on what software you are using to do playback and recording, and if the driver update doesn't help, consider trying another software. Hope this helps, ciao

Back