maudio kt133...need help please

cbsteeler

Hi Folks,

This my first post so I hope I'm doing this right.

I just bought an AMD 1800 with an older chip set called VIA KT133. I also bought a used Maudio Audiophile 2496 card.

I'm confident that both units work except...

I'm very new to hard disc recording but need to get started on my next (low budget) project. My research tells me that the 2496 is the biggest bang for the buck for recording keeper tracks. Also the AMD is fine depending on who you talk to. BUT I've learned after I bring home the AMD that it has the problematic KT133 chipset which I at this point is overwhelming for me technically.

I can't get any info from the Maudio web sit in Canada or the US re/drivers that may fix any KT133 problems except on the German web site that's difficult for me to read even in google translate mode.

I've been told to go for the Audigy 2 but my gut says no especially from what I've read on this site! But this is getting very frustrating.

Any help that anyone could offer to educate me or even point me in the right direction would be a greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

cbsteeler

The 2496 was installed. Kind of a long story but I guess what I'm asking at the moment is, should I not use the card with the KT133 chip set? Is it far too frustaring? Is there anybody who's had success? Sorry to be vague but I'm pretty green at this.

I don't know anything about the chipset or the card. My question is, does it work? If not, what is the problem you're having?

You're not going to hurt anything by trying it. And by installation, I don't mean just physically - have you installed the software (drivers?) I assume though the card was used that it came with instructions and necessary drivers. If not, you can probably download them from maudio.

Please be specific as to what your problem is.

Thanks for your input crazydoc (no pun intended). The guy who sold me the AMD couldn't make Cubase work with the 2496 in Windows XP & the downloaded maudio drivers. He wasn't familiar with the 2496 but said he could make the computer work great with an Audigy. I got frustrated & took it home where I discovered the kt133 conflict buy reading this forum.

Since I'm new to this, I'm going to take my time reformatting the drive & install Windows XP, this time with Service Pack 1 as advised & see what happens.

Sure wish I could find an English version of what appears to be important info re/via kt133 on the German M-audio site.

I've also sent off a letter to M-audio referring to the above.

Here's hoping...

Crazydoc, I had a friend optimize my old P2 & have been using that. It works fine with the Audiophile 2496. Come to find out the VIA chipset is a KLE133. Whether that's the same as the KT133, I don't know but for now I'm in business. I'll have to wait to see if my AMD 1800 XP VIA KLE133 will work.

Thanks for your time,
CBsteeler

My old MOBO had the Via KT133 chipset and it ran an M-Audio delta 1010 with no probs. Is it a gigabyte board? If so there shouldn't be a problem

Thanks LemonTree. Thats encouraging considering the problems that other people on this site have had re/kt133. My AMD MOBO is at least a 1.4 gig as far as I can tell. Would the Delta 1010 have similar drivers to the Audiophile 2496?

Back