MATH

In the 20 or so years I’ve been here, I’ve seen you post pretty intelligent things and I’ve always respected your opinion, so I am sincerely curious what the bottom line is for you on that. I don’t want to get in to a debate that devolves into what typically happens here, so I’ll just hear your answer (if you give it) and move on. I look at what I see as an attack on democracy itself - sowing distrust in our intelligence community, distrust in elections, siding with enemies while pissing off allies, etc…on the economy he was deficit spending and furthering the economic disparity we have prior to covid, which he then politicized and made worse than it should have been.

I have to ask what you see in the guy…

That makes two of us. I'm genuinely curious how/why you see it as a preference given the two options. And especially given the very fair and accurate description I made of him earlier in this thread that you seem to have agreed with. "Stipulate" I think was the word you used.

Lol...
Obama made me a divisive redneck racist.
Hitlery Clinton made me a smelly Walmart dwelling deplorable.
Bernie O'Biden made me an ignorant climate/vaccine/science denier and threat to democracy.

Fuk'em!

MAGA BITCHES!

I’m certainly aware of that. I do as well.
I'm not sure about it. Having been raised Catholic - the whole deal; communion, confirmation, altar boy (don't go there) - the one thing I do not believe in is their god. I guess I'm agnostic. I'm not atheist - like there's nothing after - but I am so clueless as to what might be there that I don't much give a fuck. It is or isn't whatever it may or may not be. I'm okay with that.

In the 20 or so years I’ve been here, I’ve seen you post pretty intelligent things and I’ve always respected your opinion, so I am sincerely curious what the bottom line is for you on that. I don’t want to get in to a debate that devolves into what typically happens here, so I’ll just hear your answer (if you give it) and move on. I look at what I see as an attack on democracy itself - sowing distrust in our intelligence community, distrust in elections, siding with enemies while pissing off allies, etc…on the economy he was deficit spending and furthering the economic disparity we have prior to covid, which he then politicized and made worse than it should have been.

I have to ask what you see in the guy…
That makes two of us. I'm genuinely curious how/why you see it as a preference given the two options. And especially given the very fair and accurate description I made of him earlier in this thread that you seem to have agreed with. "Stipulate" I think was the word you used.
Jeez guys. I could be typing for a while...

In simple terms it is the lesser of two evils. I do not believe half the sensational accusations and scare stories about Trump and I do believe Biden is a tool of the Dem machine which I most certainly do not trust.

These things I know:

Russia was goaded into their advanced Ukraine adventure in response to US backed NATO expansion talks during the Biden regime.
Hamas, with financing and encouragement from an emboldened and newly flush with cash Iran (thanks to the dem push for a mid-east realignment and elimination of sanctions) committed atrocities in an assault on Israeli civilians en masse during the Biden regime.
The number of illegal immigrants flooding the southern US border has increased exponentially and the number residing here doubled during the Biden regime.
The attack on first amendment rights, embodied by government influence and "suggestions" for censorship of dissenting views to social media outlets has become rampant and institutionalized during the Biden regime.

None of these things were happening under Trump. There has never been a President whom the entrenched bureaucracy, opposition party, media, intelligence services and whoever all else has jumped on the bandwagon, has attacked so thoroughly, accused so adamantly, indicted so prodigiously as The Orange One. Why is that? What did he do that was so terrible that we need to pull out all the stops to keep him from even running again? I don't think the country was doing so poorly with him in the big seat. I am more apprehensive about the world situation now under Biden and the Machine than I was under Trump.

So there you have my reasoning. Of course all of these topics could have threads of their own. I am happy to discuss any and all. Your opinions will be respected by me whether I agree or not I only ask for the same consideration.

lou

Last edited:
Trump is a salesman, Trump is a businessman, Trump is not a politician. He is a self-aggrandizing blowhard babe in the woods with the gift of gab and ability to make himself and those around him rich and influential. He is a natural at the art of the deal and absolutely petrifies the gridlock graft professionals. I'm okay with that.

I'm not sure about it. Having been raised Catholic - the whole deal; communion, confirmation, altar boy (don't go there) - the one thing I do not believe in is their god. I guess I'm agnostic. I'm not atheist - like there's nothing after - but I am so clueless as to what might be there that I don't much give a fuck. It is or isn't whatever it may or may not be. I'm okay with that.
The Cosmic Consciousness Groove Thang.

For myself, when I read about stories of otherwise sane, professional people (doctors, etc) who have experienced clinical death and resuscitation tell stories of what they “saw” on the other side, I tend to believe them. If there’s something instead of nothing here, some higher power of sorts seems to be inevitable. Either way, I’m setting the intention of seeking a connection with this higher power and living a life that aligns with the message of love and compassion most religions teach - as best as I can.

I’m setting the intention of seeking a connection with this higher power and living a life that aligns with the message of love and compassion most religions teach - as best as I can.
Seeking the connection is a bold task and good luck but living as a good human should be everyone's goal.

Jeez guys. I could be typing for a while...

In simple terms it is the lesser of two evils. I do not believe half the sensational accusations and scare stories about Trump and I do believe Biden is a tool of the Dem machine which I most certainly do not trust.

These things I know:

Russia was goaded into their advanced Ukraine adventure in response to US backed NATO expansion talks during the Biden regime.
Hamas, with financing and encouragement from an emboldened and newly flush with cash Iran (thanks to the dem push for a mid-east realignment and elimination of sanctions) committed atrocities in an assault on Israeli civilians en masse during the Biden regime.
The number of illegal immigrants flooding the southern US border has increased exponentially and the number residing here doubled during the Biden regime.
The attack on first amendment rights, embodied by government influence and "suggestions" for censorship of dissenting views to social media outlets has become rampant and institutionalized during the Biden regime.

None of these things were happening under Trump. There has never been a President whom the entrenched bureaucracy, opposition party, media, intelligence services and whoever all else has jumped on the bandwagon, has attacked so thoroughly, accused so adamantly, indicted so prodigiously as The Orange One. Why is that? What did he do that was so terrible that we need to pull out all the stops to keep him from even running again? I don't think the country was doing so poorly with him in the big seat. I am more apprehensive about the world situation now under Biden and the Machine than I was under Trump.

So there you have my reasoning. Of course all of these topics could have threads of their own. I am happy to discuss any and all. Your opinions will be respected by me whether I agree or not I only ask for the same consideration.

lou

Thanks, understood.

Insurrections, Chapter 23, verse 2: “For Caucasian God did not so love the world, He so loved America—so much so, that he sent White Jesus to build walls, take away health insurance, ignore climate change, vilify sexual assault survivors, and make the one percent richer.

I read “thou shall not lie” in the $60 Trump Bible.
LOL!
I remember the time in 1972 that a local Catholic parish priest was going door to door selling Bibles for $100. My Catholic wife told him that she'd have to check with me first to see if we could afford spending that amount of money.
He asked, "Is your husband Catholic?
She said, "He isn't."
He said, "Then your husband knows nothing of God and has no say in the matter."
She was pissed off at his arrogance and disrespectful attitude.

I'll become a bit more concerned when Trump begins selling copies of the Koran and prayer rugs.

Insurrections, Chapter 23, verse 2: “For Caucasian God did not so love the world, He so loved America—so much so, that he sent White Jesus to build walls, take away health insurance, ignore climate change, vilify sexual assault survivors, and make the one percent richer.
"The tawny-skinned demon BaHO the Deceiver spaketh untruths to the people to curry favor - he said unto them with deceit 'if thou liketh thine plan, thou mayest keepeth thine plan if thou desirest. If thine healer finds favor with thee, thou mayest keepeth thine healer'. All were but lies."

I think us Brits enjoy American politics so much because your system works so differently. Here, every is sick and tired of both parties, and at the moment, the talk is when our current Prime Minister decides to call an election. members of his party are jumping ship so quickly he wont have many left soon. The trouble is they're jumping ship to a party who statistically can't win, so the Conservatives are out without any doubt. Trouble is, the opposition are so used to being in opposition, theyre not ready to govern. Their only policies are disagreeing with the conservatives, so if they win, they'll walk into power totally clueless, and probably carry on many policies because they don't have any of their own. Both party leaders are so different to Trump and Biden, lacking the best of the US leaders, but having the worst of both. We're in a real mess. They're talking about the next election being the worst turnout in history, because the two leaders of the big parties are clueless. The US system where both parties shout loud and clear is alien to us. We have two party leaders who everyone knows are lame ducks, nobody in the wings, and the leaders of the other parties nobody can remember their names. What a mess. It seems so weird to us that if you are a Trumpite, then Biden is unacceptable, and vice versa and there are about half each across the whole country so it's a toss up! With us, for the first time in my voting life of nearly 50 years, I can't give 'my' party my vote, but I can't vote for the other lot, so I waste my vote on the new smaller party of sensible people who joined from both sides. It's first time ever territory here.

Back