"Materialistic" Video Song

dreamsound2

Hi guys, just got done recording the video song "Materialistic." All tracking and recording done in my bedroom. Please check it out and let me know what you think!!

Modern Rock Song "Materialistic" by Fernando Vivanco (Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Staind) - YouTube

Song is a sarcastic view on how in modern society most of us are getting more and more addicted to materialistic things and yet how nothing seems to change no matter what we buy and how much stuff we get.

Gear used:

Audio: PRS McCarty with Custom Gibson Pickups, M-Audio Sputnik Microphone, RME Fireface 800, MA5 Preamp, Diezel VH4, Mesa Dual Rectifier. Recorded and mixed on Cubase 6.

Video: Canon 60D with Cinema Preset and edited on Adobe Premiere CS5.5.

Let me know if you have any questions!! I hope you guys like it.

I've only got like 4 subcribers on YouTube and a couple hundred views with no much feedback so thanks a lot for watching. I did all the playing and tracking except drums and mix. Let me know if you have questions about the mix though.

Sounds good to me-I like the video presentation, I want to get to the point of making videos like this someday soon. Anyways mix wise i think the drums and guitars sound especially good and sit well in the mix. Vocals are also well done-my only complaint is the mix seems lacking a bit of ass-i mean bass. Like i can see it being played, but just can barely hear it. Doesn't really hurt the mix too much since the guitars are so thick sounding. Good job-keep up the good work.

Strat

Thanks Strato and you are absolutely right, the bass is not so much that is not present but is only in the low side and not so much on the mids. Hence it is really hard to tell from it and I did some stuff with it that didn't translate on the final mix. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the song I'm working on right now!!

wow really good. Nice riffs, good tones on vocals and guitars, drummer knows what he's doing. Did you put reverb on the snare, or is that the room ambiance? Either way sounds good. Can't argue with good old fashioned balls out rocknroll

Mix sounds quite smooth man. I would agree about the bass, but I play, so therefore a bit biased. Drums sound really good. I am curious what was used on that snare sound. :)

Cool riffs, nice tones, I liked the vocals too. the only thing i missed was the screaming guitar solo in the middle even a small one...I still enjoyed the song.

Back