matched pair cheap?

thane1200

Medicated Member
yeah, yeah...........
I know what I'm getting myself into.

I'm interested in messing around with some different stereo recording patterns; and do not have a pair of mics. I have three very different ones. I might be looking to purchase a matched pair of microphones mainly to record room ambience and sound effects (video stuff); but they may see some instrument use.

Can anyone offer any advice? My price range would be >or= $200

Thanx

PS. anyone know about these?

I was actually about to recommend the Joe Meeks when I saw that link. I like my pair. I used them for drum OH until I got my MK-012's. The did the job but a bit brighter. Still not quite as brite as MXL603's to me...which is good. I still use them on accoustic guitar. I looked at some last night on ebay as a matter of fact, and they came as a stereo pair...had the stereo bar and shock mounts and all...but it was $200 for the pair....looks like you can get them from that seller for half that. probably wont have the shock mounts though. I say go for it.

Joemeek do the JM27s in singles or in a matched pair with the stereo bar. The matched pair is significantly more expensive than to buy two singly ... I guess that reflects the costs of matching them. They're definitely fine and will do a better job than the Behringer and Samson alternatives. :)

Back