Masterlink question

Benreturns

Is there a way to copy tracks between playlists?

Say I want to get my best acoustic demos together on one playlist to burn on CD (and saying they are all mixed up at the moment) and I want to get track 2 of playlist 6 and and make it the last track on playlist 8 or whatever - can I copy it over somehow? Or do I have to keep mixing tracks onto new playlists to get them in the order I want on one CD?

Yes, it's very easy, and clearly outlined in the manual. If you don't have it, you can download it from Alesis.

It's under playlist editing, I think. If you don't find it by tomorrow (I've gotta go to work in a few minutes) I'll dig out my manual and post the page number. :)

Bingo!
Ive got it thanks boingoman. I didnt realise on a playlist, if you keep skipping you get to all the audio files youve done on it and you can copy any of them in. Is it me or do they all lose any DSP applied when copying over? Doesnt matter anyway. Whats fun is ive discovered stuff Ive mixed down from way back. Long forgotten about stuff. Getting rid of a lot of false mixing starts and practise mixes has bumped up my track-time. Never knew they were all stored.

Yep, realizing that a playlist is just a set of pointers (&DSP instructions) is one of those "D'oh!" moments. The Masterlink may not be a very intuitive recorder, but once you figure out how it really works, it's a powerful tool.

Back