Mastering tips please help....

DL da ARSUN

Well I'm about to master my mixtape consisting of various instrumentals from various famous artist and some original songs.

Anyhow, I'm looking into mastering it myself. Its not like its an album or anything its just a little mixtape, so I don't wanna drop a few hundreds of dollars into this project for mastering. Anyways i'm thinking of trying to master it myself. So any tips you guys have to give me I'd appreciate it.

The only "tips" are exactly the same from project to project -

(A) Hit PLAY and listen with blank objectivity

(B) Mentally visualize what the mix is missing and/or what it should sound like after processing.

(C) Hit STOP

(D) Put together a chain that should give you the desired results

(E) Hit PLAY again

(F) Tweak to taste

I know that seems overly simplified, but that's just how it works. If you're not sure what you're listening for or you're not sure where it should end up, it's probably best to just leave it alone.

Buy Bob Katz book, Mastering Audio.

must have for Mastering Types.

do you have software like wavelab or soundforge?

DL da ARSUN said:
Well I'm about to master my mixtape consisting of various instrumentals from various famous artist and some original songs.

Anyhow, I'm looking into mastering it myself. Its not like its an album or anything its just a little mixtape, so I don't wanna drop a few hundreds of dollars into this project for mastering. Anyways i'm thinking of trying to master it myself. So any tips you guys have to give me I'd appreciate it.

Back