mastering - phase issues

bdemenil

In a mastering session I attended, I noticed the engineer had this weird graphic display which is supposed to indicate if the mix has phasing issues - or maybe it's some kind of MS display. Does anyone know what tools mastering engineers use to deal with phase and stereo image? Are there any good plugins out there?

bdemenil said:
In a mastering session I attended, I noticed the engineer had this weird graphic display which is supposed to indicate if the mix has phasing issues - or maybe it's some kind of MS display. Does anyone know what tools mastering engineers use to deal with phase and stereo image? Are there any good plugins out there?

The answer would depend on what your DAW supports. Google "phase scope" and you should have some good examples.

I currently use spectraFoo.

bdemenil said:
Just happened across this yesterday: Goniometer

Back