Master Processors

Flyin' Brian

I went to the Music store the other day and saw the new dbx Master Processor. I was wondering what the difference is with it and other outbord processors. And are all the little packages that come with it like A/D canverters worth the high price. I like the way it looks on paper but how does it really perform?
Flyin

To be sure, Flyin O'Brian:

I have two processors in my studio and each one is unique in its own way. I have an Alesis Midi-verb and an Ensonique DP-4. The DP-4 is a monster machine that has all kinds of stuff/rooms and special effects. The Alesis is pretty straight forward and it is not too hard to program if you like to tamper with the reverb algorithms/settings.

Most of us find two/three favorite reverb rooms and use them accordingly: voice, our voices, keyboards, etc. But, it is still nice to get into the box and tweak it once in a while and program a special reverb for a client/vocalist/friend/enemy etc.

Price does mean something with reverb boxes in some cases. Best to hear the box or rent the box to see if it fits your particular needs.

Keep twiddling the dials,

Green Hornet

Back