Marshall TSL Footswitch....

stepXinXtheXmix

Does anyone know of an alternative company that makes these at a cheaper price? The one on musicians friend is going for 129.99.....any suggestions?

If you need one because your original footswitch crapped out, I know your pain. And, being the cheap bugger I am, I found a 6-pin DIN cable and replaced the cable. Apparently, they are notorious for poor quality and just crapping out. AES sells the 'official' Marshall replacement cable for $30, but that's replacing crap with crap. Look around. 6-pin DIN cable aren't popular, but they are out there. I found one, and I am lazy. With a little effort, you'll get a heavy duty one that will last. Marshall is also Korg these days, so maybe there is a keyboard MIDI cable you can use. Just a thought.

You know, it's a pity you've managed to piss off pretty much every single forum regular - I used to own a TSL100, and the dude I bought it from had bought a second footswitch for it because he'd heard horror stories and wanted a backup, but then never needed it. Accordingly, I've had a brand new footswitch sitting in my closet, boxed, for the past seven or eight years.

I was going to offer it to you, but given your rep I was a little worried, and after reading your recent posts, somehow I'm a little less inclined to hook you up

Karma's a bitch, I guess.

No, man. Vox is Korg. I got some. Is Marshall Korg too? WTF? Dude's fucked, know what I'm sayin'?

lou

I don't know what you're sayin'. ;) I may be wrong (and it won't be the first time), but I thought I had it down that Marshall was making Vox, and was distributed by the same people as Korg (korgnorthwest.com). I believe a lot of the same amp parts cross over, and I have ordered from the same people for either brand. Since a lot of 'stuff' is coming out of China, it made sense to me that you buy from the one plant, make one part multitask, and keep your stocking costs low. Toyota started this with their Lean Manufacturing theory, although look where that got them. I am probably a little off base, but I am still guessing a Korg midi cable made it's way into the Marshall footswitch. A keyboard player would know.
If you think about it, it's not unusual at all. Fender is making Gretsch, Sunn, Guild, Jackson, Charvel, and SWR.

Thanks for the rep, stepXinXtheXmix. :D Unfortunately, I'm sorry to inform you that your current reputation is so low that you're not capable of leaving me anything other than neutral rep, but I'll be sure to remember that Karma is, indeed, a lesbian. :D

Thanks for the rep, stepXinXtheXmix. :D Unfortunately, I'm sorry to inform you that your current reputation is so low that you're not capable of leaving me anything other than neutral rep, but I'll be sure to remember that Karma is, indeed, a lesbian. :D

I just put him in a deep red hole. :)

He did the same to me. I merely chuckled at his pathetic silver chicklet. MUWHAHAHAHAHA!!! :cool:

:laughings:

Back