Marshall MXL1006

kerberos

Does anyone have any experience with this Mike? There is a great deal on it at Music123, Lists for $400.00, they are selling it for $89.00! I need a decent mike for Vocals and Guitar, that doesn't cost a fortune.

Thanks.....Frank

Last edited:
Kerberos,

First of all, never believe a "List Price". I actually got mine for 79$ at Sam Ash, two months ago.

Regarding the mic itself - Personaly, I love it, and I believe that for the price, it can't be beat. I use it mainly on Accoustic Guitar and vocals, and I am more then satisfied with it.

Oren

I have never used the MXL 1006 but I do have a MXL V67 and MXL V63 and like both very much. I use both of these mics on just about everything. Alot of people on this board will trash these mics but for a home studio with a limited budget they are great. I just bought the V63 at Mars for $79 on sale. This mic is brighter than the V67 so I use it alot for and overhead and also for acoustic guitar. The V67 is great for vocals. I run it through my Joemeek and it really sounds good. Please let us know if you purchase the 1006 and how it sounds.

Thanks Guys!! Your input is priceless. And yes, I will let you know how I like the Marshall if I go for it.

Frank

ShaneSelby said:
Alot of people on this board will trash these mics

Whatcha talking about? Marshall mics, and to a different extent the Studio Projects C1, are the darling of the homerecording.com bbs!

For the money there is nothing wrong with them, there are many mics many times the price and not as good.
Drawback - made in China
Biggest plus - they also do cheap shockmounts which fit a U87, but is over 100 bucks cheaper than a neumann;)

Back