Marshall MXL 2003...

bmorris

anybody familiar with the MXL 2003? If so, any testaments about its performance on r and b/ neosoul/hip hop works? Looking for good all purpose mic to fit my budget. Any other suggestions are more than welcome also..

-Humble-

bmorris said:
anybody familiar with the MXL 2003? If so, any testaments about its performance on r and b/ neosoul/hip hop works? Looking for good all purpose mic to fit my budget. Any other suggestions are more than welcome also..

-Humble-

Marshall V67g or V67 same mic.
Thats worked just fine for me.

Malcolm

The V67 is not the same mic as the 2003. (The V93M on the other hand is in fact a rebadged 2003.)

If you compare the specs you will see that the 2003 has a slightly larger and thinner diaphram. That alone makes it clear that they are different.

You can compare them on www.thelisteningsessions.com and it is very clear that they are not the same mic.

Now between them which you would like better is a matter of taste. Both have fans and detractors. The V67 is usually described as more 'warm' and the 2003 as more 'bright'.

Innovations said:
The V67 is not the same mic as the 2003. (The V93M on the other hand is in fact a rebadged 2003.)

If you compare the specs you will see that the 2003 has a slightly larger and thinner diaphram. That alone makes it clear that they are different.

You can compare them on www.thelisteningsessions.com and it is very clear that they are not the same mic.

Now between them which you would like better is a matter of taste. Both have fans and detractors. The V67 is usually described as more 'warm' and the 2003 as more 'bright'.

I will be more clear. Get a V67
They make two versions of the V67
The V67g and the V67 are the same mic.
Green & Gold
and the other is Black. I think it was made for Mars or something, that black version that is.

Malcolm

Last edited:
With the Low Cut and Pad the V93 is a little more versatile. I like it on acoustic and vocals but specifically for rap and hip hop who knows. Just depends on the vocalist.. I mean rapper.

Back