Marshall JCM2000 TSL100 or MesaBoogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head?

DropD

What do you guys think?

for rapcore/alternative music

[This message has been edited by DropD (edited 06-29-2000).]

I would be glad to have either one! But I 've alway thought that a 50 watt head is plenty for recording or clubs. You can crank them up more to get a better sound while not blowing away the rest of the band. Or you could get a power soak.

Never played a Boogie

If you have the $, get the mesa. Don't think twice. Old marshalls do have a sweet sound, but the Rectifier is so versatile, and so money, it's ridiculous. Mesa came up with a great amp on this one. If I had the money, i'd have a dual rectifier. BTW, the Mesa cabs help with low end thump, and come through clearer than the Marshall cab. I know this sounds like i work for mesa, but all i really do is take up salespeople's time in the music stores.

I purchased a Mesa Single Rectifier solo 50 two weeks ago. A Mesa with 50 watts is like a 100 watts of other amps. I was set to buy the Dual Rectifier but changed my mind. Those babies are packing some major power. More than most people need. I would try both and see what you think. The Single Rectifier is actually considered a design improvement in many ways over the Dual Rect. Like mode switches on the front instead of the back. Basically the the Single Rectifier is the same amp with no tube rectifier and one less power stage. But all that aside the Mesa sounds great. There was a little learning curve at first. Basically its alive and slightest changes in settings can make a big difference. I actually just got done playing and for the first time feel like I have it pretty much in control. It's the first amp I ever played which is a complete joy to play with no effects or anything. Although I do use some effects and this is where I had the most problem. Trying not to damage the perfect sound with effects. I think I got a pretty good setup now. I think Marshall has good stuff too, but actually my Marshall is sitting in the music store now for sale.

Back