Mapex???

Gorty

I am looking at getting myself another drum kit to replace my old bits and pieces crap that are chucked in my shed. My primary instrument is guitar so I am looking for something that is half decent without going to extreme. I would however rather pay a little more for a kit than have to up grade to soon because of being a cheap ass.

The Question?

Mapex Series!! Any recommendations??

Mapex make excellent drums. Their hardware is questionable though.

Look into their Pro-M or Saturn series drums. They're very reasonably priced and not lacking in quality.

The Pro-M series is popular I see! :)
And with good reason!

I own a Mapex Saturn, and the construction and finish are flawless. It sounds great too. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to record with them. I use Tama hardware with it since;

a) It's cheaper
b) It's lighter
c) It's still more than heavy enough
d) It's pretty much indestructible

I just let go of an older Mapex Mars Pro (precursor to the Pro M line) after owning it since 1993. That kit has been all over the East Coast of the US, beaten to hell by hardcore bands, knocked over by overzealous dancers, been in the studio, and by the time I sold it all I had to do was throw on clear G2s and the toms would be ready to go. They always sounded great. Not DW great, but plenty good for my ears.

That's nice. I like big toms though. Eric Carr style! :D

Hmmmmm.......I'm thinking that I like the bigger toms now as well! I wanna be like Eric Carr! :p
I know you don't get the cymbals in the price, but the stands come with it though don't they??? :confused: :o

Last edited:
Hmmmmm.......I'm thinking that I like the bigger toms now as well! I wanna be like Eric Carr! :p
I know you don't get the cymbals in the price, but the stands come with it though don't they??? :confused: :o

Yeah all the stands. Hat, snare, single-pedal, and all the cymbal/tom holders.

I got a "blem" nickel/pearl finish for 1100. :)

Nice.......:D

Yeah I ordered the 24x20 kick version. I played a similar Ludwig kit with a 24" kick and it was awesome. Nice and big and punchy. I stood in front of that kit while the other guy played and the kick felt like it was hitting you in the chest. I had to have one. :)

Yeah all the stands. Hat, snare, single-pedal, and all the cymbal/tom holders.

I got a "blem" nickel/pearl finish for 1100. :)

Kool! I need to see what they have available here in Oz!

I'm looking at my Studio and I think I am going to have to do another house extension! :mad: :mad:

Kool! I need to see what they have available here in Oz!

I'm looking at my Studio and I think I am going to have to do another house extension! :mad: :mad:

Get a pee-pee extension while you're at it! :D

Now I get the joyous pleasure of waiting while Musicians "Friend" buttfucks my order to death.

Get a pee-pee extension while you're at it! :D

Now I get the joyous pleasure of waiting while Musicians "Friend" buttfucks my order to death.

LOL...:D

Naaaaaahhhhhh.......You won't have any trouble with your order, just ask Supercreep! :p

LOL...:D

Naaaaaahhhhhh.......You won't have any trouble with your order, just ask Supercreep! :p

Lol. I know how they operate. I'd never pay for next day anything from MF. I didn't even want to buy these drums from them, but it saved me 500 bucks.

Back