Mama Llama

Wow...beautiful tune, beautifully recorded. My neighbor has llamas--now I want one too! Seriously, this is awesome. I'm listening to it over and over as I sit here still working. Stick a fork in it--you're done.

I thought it sounded great. Nice clarity on everything. The instrumentation was excellent. Vocals sound really good.

I had just a bit of trouble hearing the vocal after things kick in at about :53.

I'm hearing just a bit of boominess on the acoustic guitar and bass. I think you could tame that pretty easily.

Wow...beautiful tune, beautifully recorded. My neighbor has llamas--now I want one too! Seriously, this is awesome. I'm listening to it over and over as I sit here still working. Stick a fork in it--you're done.
Thanks Bob, I hope you get your llama.

I thought it sounded great. Nice clarity on everything. The instrumentation was excellent. Vocals sound really good.

I had just a bit of trouble hearing the vocal after things kick in at about :53.

I'm hearing just a bit of boominess on the acoustic guitar and bass. I think you could tame that pretty easily.
Thanks for the listen. I'll re-check the low end.

Great song. Great voice.

This one is going into rotation.

Thanks for sharing...

Oh, this is the clinic, I'm suppose to offer advice.... Okay, don't change a thing. :)

That was lovely. Some of the highs on the percussion seemed a bit piercing, but that's my only complaint.

Great song. Great voice.

This one is going into rotation.

Thanks for sharing...

Oh, this is the clinic, I'm suppose to offer advice.... Okay, don't change a thing. :)
Thanks Chili. Honored to be in your rotation.

That was lovely. Some of the highs on the percussion seemed a bit piercing, but that's my only complaint.
Are we talking the shaker or coffee cup, or something else? I'm not hearing it???

The coffee cup (now that i know that's what it is!) and the hi-hat actually. The shaker's fine. (Although the hard pans in the beginning probably isn't the choice I would have made, I think it works.)

That's guitar hero quality brotha. Good shit I like the sounds of everything. Sounds nice and smooth and not out of balance at all. Good job :D

Seemed like a heard some hiss just as the guitar first comes in, but I lost it as the other instruments joined. Don't know, could be just that I was cranking it on these crappy phones I'm on at the moment?

The mix really fills out nicely when the bass and percussion kicks in. Rich and full. I was surprised by the alternating hard panned shakers. They're very dry and sort of pulse back and forth L-R which is cool. I assume that was intentional not having them shake in unison. I missed them when they abruptly cut out.

The guy's voice is great and really well captured. I've listened to this a bunch of times the last few days but only just realized I never commented - sorry. Really very well done sir.

That's guitar hero quality brotha. Good shit I like the sounds of everything. Sounds nice and smooth and not out of balance at all. Good job :D
Thanks man.

Seemed like a heard some hiss just as the guitar first comes in, but I lost it as the other instruments joined. Don't know, could be just that I was cranking it on these crappy phones I'm on at the moment?

The mix really fills out nicely when the bass and percussion kicks in. Rich and full. I was surprised by the alternating hard panned shakers. They're very dry and sort of pulse back and forth L-R which is cool. I assume that was intentional not having them shake in unison. I missed them when they abruptly cut out.

The guy's voice is great and really well captured. I've listened to this a bunch of times the last few days but only just realized I never commented - sorry. Really very well done sir.
Thanks for the comments. Yes the shaker was recorded once, then the track duplicated and the second half pasted under the first half and visa versa. Gives it a nice stereo effect that I was pleased with.

HEY you done it to me again man!! this is another lovely piece of work, i'm new here & to home recording,but what a way to learn about it, listening to work like this, another big thank you from me, i like all your stuff, BIG fan!!!

HEY you done it to me again man!! this is another lovely piece of work, i'm new here & to home recording,but what a way to learn about it, listening to work like this, another big thank you from me, i like all your stuff, BIG fan!!!
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.

Excellent overall sound to the mix, everything rich and full... No llama I have two cats and can imagine what it would drop in my yard...:)

Back