Making Proffesional CD's

GamezBond

Hey...I have some clients that I perform mastering for, and after I master the album, they have to get it sent somewhere to be pressed and wrapped ETC...very expensive...So I'm wondering if I could just do it myself...

Like is there any equipment you can hook up to the computer, burn the audio and print images on your computer to the physical disk, and print images to a booklet?

I dont need anything that makes a large amount of albums at a time, I probably wont be duplicating over 1000 albums...10,000 is the MOST...so I'm cool with a device that only does a few at a time....

There are plenty of burners out there that have 'Lightscribe' technology which uses the laser to etch or print onto the disks. These are pretty much consumer products and are not to costly, but I'm not sure how much workload they can handle.

That's still gonna be quite an investment for you. A good CD printer alone is over $1,000. And personally I do not equate a burned CD-R to a professionally pressed disc.

MadAudio said:
That's still gonna be quite an investment for you. A good CD printer alone is over $1,000. And personally I do not equate a burned CD-R to a professionally pressed disc.
Very true.

No matter which way you go, you'd be better off doing short runs at DiskFaktory or something - Personally, I can't even figure out how they keep their rates so freaking low. Even if I had a full-color on-disc thermal printer (I can't even hazard a guess at what a beast like their's costs) and a shrinkwrapping machine.

But keep in mind - Anything over 3 or 400 copies - You're better off getting them pressed.

It seems from what you said in your other thread that you intend to copy other people's CDs to sell at school. That is illegal (the FBI handles that kind of thing) and if true, you are a thief.

I hope I misunderstood.

why would people want to buy your burnt cds, when they can buy them new legaly at the store for about the same price?

I just read your other thread and you claim that you have NO clients. So what are you trying to burn? Is APL correct? If so, I hope you get caught. Reproducing other artists work is illegal and you wont get any info from me. You need to clarify what you want to burn first.

MadAudio said:

I agree. Some stereo's have difficulties with CD-R's.

Ah, thanks for the link, apl. This kid's a bootlegger. Please do not give any more advice to this thief.

MadAudio said:
Ah, thanks for the link, apl. This kid's a bootlegger. Please do not give any more advice to this thief.
I thought he was a professional mastering engineer, he sounded so knowledgeable and kosher. :o

I'm sure there are lots of reputable ME's who don't know how to burn a CD. :rolleyes: :D

I'll do it for free

bring your material to my house i'll do it for free i like doing illegal and unethical stuff. well maybe not free i'll take my fee in the form of your physical suffering after i kick the crap outta you. if you wanna make cd's for mass production pick up a guitar and right your own stuff to sell you peice of shit. man i thought i ask you guys stupid questions. i don't feel so bad anymore.

Look, Gamez, I'm willing to cut you some slack here, and assume you just didn't know better.

If you're interested in home recording and wanna hang out here, you may need a new user name.

Back