Making MP3 from Fostex Stand alone DMT8vl

Heymate

Hi everyone…I am a bit of a newbie to the technical aspects of recording although I had the honor of being in a Brittish Rock Band in the late 60’s and recorded for CBS in London with the old Ampex stuff! Anyway, I have been using a stand alone Fostex DMT8vl for a few years and I have been mixing down to a very basic computer program call RecordPad. This gives me the MP3 file of a finished product. Now I am getting ales than perfect result with what I can only describe as a slight “wobbly sound” on certain frequencies. I am sure that the signal is not overloading the program. When I monitor the sound coming to the computer it is perfect,but when I play it back I get this tiny distortion, as it where. This is a new issue..I have changed cables…adjusted input levels etc….I guess ny question is this..What is the best way to save a song from my stand alone DMT8vl to a computer as an MP3 file? What program would be best? Question number two is….Is a DAT recorder best to archive the premixed tracks for later? Thanks a bunch I have tried to attach a sample.

Attachments

• Wobbly Drone Mandolin.mp3
    205.4 KB · Views: 3
Back