Making it Mix Well

steveaustin

What would it take to make to make a good mix? I mean, under $500.00 what piece of equipment could be used to make all my tracks stick out, sound individual but blend? I'm currently using Cakewalk pro audio 9 & very familiar w/ panning, tap delay, stereo chorus & stereo reverb techniques.

The AutoMix 2000.... the plug-in for the new millenium!

For only $499.99 you get: the ability to make all your tracks stick out, sound individual, but yet blend AT THE SAME TIME!

- Forget years of recording experience....
- Throw away those silly technique manuals....
- Don't let recording professionals intimidate you into thinking there is art and skill to record engineering...
...With the AutoMix 2000 you can do away with all that, and get quality, professional results in the privacy of your own home!!!

AND THAT'S NOT ALL!!! If you act now, you'll get... absolutely free... panning, tap delay, stereo chorus & stereo reverb techniques as our gift to you, just for listening.

The AutoMix 2000.... you just can't do any better --- Order yours today!!!!

:D :D

Bruce

whats that......I smell it.....yep, I know that smell anywhere......sarcasm, mmmmmmmm.......

I would resis the urge to spend the 500.00 and just save a little more until you can afford the Waves Gold Bundle.

With all the fantastic compressors, parametric EQs, and especially the L-1 Ultra Maximizer, you can make more "professional" recordings.

What Bruce was trying to say is you will need proficient performers playing well setup and tuned instruments using proper micing techniques with good mics and good preamp performing a good song with a well thought out arrangemnt....from there, the knowledgable use of compression, reverb, delay etc along with proper panning techniques would be a good start....how they got all that in one plugin for 499.99 is amazing....do they have those at Radio Shack, Bruce?.....

Now Bruce....

I have spent some thirty grand ($30,000 US) and over 20 years persuing the quest of flight-perfection-personified: Countless nights muddling thru ancient texts, untold hours at the degrading mercy of one Super-Hero-Instructor or another, nights battling conficting instrument displays, days engaging chess contests with Mother Nature's worst. Hailed the hero at the completion of an instrument approach (while others sought a safer haven) and brought low (not to mention laughed at!) after buring a $5,000 prop in the asphalt in Dad's best friend's Maule.
I won't ride a roller-coaster (they scare the hell outta me!), but I could make you give your lunch back to the Earth with one 250kt dive followed by a 3G+ pull up and a power-off "which way will it go" fall backwards.

And inspite of it all, ya know what? ......when the dipshit in the next office propells some dumb-looking, non-flying paper plane thru my door.....I just smile and say, "Way to go, Maverick!"

BTW - I can't believe you said, "stick out at the same time"! :D

See ya!

AutoMix 2000

Hey Bruce, you obviously don't keep up on new gear, I just saw the AutoMix 2001 (with the 2.0 upgrade) in Gear Slut Magazine for $399, on clearance.

Gidge said:
how they got all that in one plugin for 499.99 is amazing....do they have those at Radio Shack, Bruce?.....
Digital technology at its finest! And of course, where else could you buy such a fine piece of technology as the AutoMix, except at Radio Shack! Isn't that where all good studio gear is purchased?

:D :D

I wouldnt laugh too hard just yet...............I got my version of the Automix 2001 last week (the version 2.0 on clearance!) and after the first three mixes I did, my boss and studio owner for 30 years, fired me because I did better than him and he felt intimidated!!!

PS.......I told him I learnt about it at homerecording.com!!!!!

hehehe:p :p :p

You guys didn't look through the AutoMix website far enough!

They have a "pro" version of AutoMix called MasterMix 2001. I have been using it and gotta say, it kicks over it's little brother AutoMix. It records for you, saving you the hassle of having to figure any of that stuff out! Just open the program up, throw a SM-57 in a room, have the band play live, and blamo!!! You have a masterful mix! No huss, no fuss. Cleans up audio in seconds. Even has an optional hardware attachment that massages your feet for all that hard work you went through to place that mic in the room. I hear that the Supermodelonyourarm attachment is in Beta right now. They spent months modeling it after sjoko2! ;)

This is the best part, MasterMix 2001 comes with lifetime software updates for free, and 24 hour 365 days a year tech support! They even have a lifetime fully money back guarantee. If MasterMix EVER delivers something less than a stellar, top notch, blow your socks off recording/mix, they will fully refund your money!

I got MasterMix direct from their website for only $600, and because I was one of the first to order, they offered the foot massage attachment for half price, ONLY $39! I couldn't say no and ordered two!

Yup, that extra $100 is totally worth it compared to AutoMix 2001.

So, when you guys are looking to really step it up in your recordings, check out MasterMix 2001. I hear though that you cannot upgrade from AutoMix, so you would have to buy the full version.

Ed

Pretty typical of Ed to suggest a $600 piece of gear when you can get it done for $399 (thanks for the heads up on that price, mikeh)........remember guys, this is HOMErecording.com......you dont have to get a Soundcraft console when a Behringer does just as good for less.......nuss, sorry about the job dude - time to open up your own studio......

I went to Radio Shack last week and bought the Band-in-a-Cup from Tandy.. I didn't have the $299.99 on hand so I had to sell all my other audio equipment.. I figured I didn't need it since I could just dial in the band of my choice and it would play 74 minutes worth of music. Plus I can avoid copyright infringements because of its "riff rearrangement" and "lyric twister" functions..

One question though: will I need a special interface for the MasterMix 2001 or can I just use the WebTV out jack?

Plus I can avoid copyright infringements because of its "riff rearrangement" and "lyric twister" functions..

I'm still rollin' on the floor! :D :D :D Well done!

All this crap really isn't funny. I snorted "Guitar Tea Leaves" for 14 months @ $20 a bag. Hurt my nose, tasted like hell, and $2,800 later, I still couldn't play shit! Never buy nuthin' from carnival people!

Bull's Eye

This is a repeat for some so here goes...
7 years of homerecording & about $3000 pissed away on equipment. What was the harm in asking. My limit has been w/ what I have. 15 tracks playing at the same time & well defined is not bad. Just wanted to push the envolope a little more.

It's an obsesion caused JL syndrome, a compulsive disease of the ears & mind.

Thanks for all the replies. I feel so warm & fuzzy! You guys really like me!!:D

Truthfully, though... If you really want something to make your mixes stand out, it'll be a good preamp. It can make a huge difference. But alas... $500 won't cover ya.

Truthfully, though... If you really want something to make your mixes stand out, it'll be a good preamp. It can make a huge difference. But alas... $500 won't cover ya.

Another non-believer!
Well Mr. Tubetude, have you ever used the AutoMix2000? Well have you?? The latest, greatest, most revolutionary techno-breakthroughs are always going to attract venomous naysayers lashing out against that which they do not understand! :D

What would it take to make to make a good mix? I mean, under $500.00 what piece of equipment could be used to make all my tracks stick out, sound individual but blend? I'm currently using Cakewalk pro audio 9 & very familiar w/ panning, tap delay, stereo chorus & stereo reverb techniques

You have two of them. They come free with your head... one on either side ;-)

Brad

Back