Making first home studio

Some of the Behringer DI boxes are actually pretty okay but there's one that's a total dog noise-wise. Trouble is, I can never remember which is the bad one so I have to be very careful!

...see...I can be old too!

Any idea why is led on my audio box "working " when i shut down pc ? is that normal?
Thx for tips I'm making my way into recording reading allot and watching tutorials. Thank you all for helping me .Nice ppl and nice comunity. Peace :)

Most laptops and desktops keep the USB hot after shutdown. Check your system specs.

Some of the Behringer DI boxes are actually pretty okay but there's one that's a total dog noise-wise. Trouble is, I can never remember which is the bad one so I have to be very careful!

...see...I can be old too!

But can you hide your own Easter eggs?

Any idea why is led on my audio box "working " when i shut down pc ? is that normal?
Thx for tips I'm making my way into recording reading allot and watching tutorials. Thank you all for helping me .Nice ppl and nice comunity. Peace :)

Dig about with Power Settings and USB functions (Google for them) if it bothers you (PITA on a laptop).

I set an old XP machine "always on to power a MIDI keyboard plugged into another PC via DIN (see how good it is to have MIDI converters peeps?) but I only had to power up one PC.

Whilst you are investigating power systems and such, look at time out settings. For audio work you want monitor and hard drives "Always On" . Usually does not cause any loss of data but a big shock when things die as you are practicing a lick!

Kill any Wireless modems as well.

Dave.

Hm ... what can cause recorded track that was recorded half an hour ago to change speed on his own. I swear i didnt touch nothing :) Can be related to some3 win setings or it's just a DAW thing?

What DAW are you using? I've had this happen with Reaper when I load in a saved file. Just close it outand restart reaper and it solves the problem.

Well i figure it .It was sample rate in what i recorded 48.0 kHz . After i changed to 44.1 kHz and playback was much faster. Uff :) I'm sweting here .

That's your answer. Changing the speed from 48 to 44.1 varies the speed by about 9%.

I don't know your software but many/most DAWs have a function to convert the sample rate on your file if you need to. Simply changing the rate the DAW is working at causes the speed change you noticed. However, you're probably best off finishing your project at the sample rate you started in and just convert the final mix if you need to.

Downloaded the "free" Studio One yesterday. Not impressed. Seems to be a cross between a "linear" system like Samplitude/Reaper and a cut and shunt like Ableton.

In any event I could not route my 2496 soundcard to it and record radio so it is of little use to me.
I dare say I should RTFM but when you have dabbled with a dozen DAWs over a few years, if they are not intuitive to at least set routing on, I'm done.

Sample rate? Windows sounds can Jodrell with this, often resetting to a default 48kHz. Make sure you set for "No Sounds".

Dave.

Same thing here. The Studio one Artist i s a " poor " version of Studio one professional so i'm uninstaling that DAW and using my Audition for now untill i found something better.

Same thing here. The Studio one Artist i s a " poor " version of Studio one professional so i'm uninstaling that DAW and using my Audition for now untill i found something better.

Never tried the "pro" but I doubt the signal routing would be any different. DO try MAGIX Samplitude Silver ProX. Free and a "proper" DAW with MIDI to boot!

Dave.

Well finally figure that one. I turned off power on USB in BIOS when PC is shut down. :)

Thx Dave i'l try that one :)

Peace

Good. For those that find the BIOS scary (I do a bit!) it IS possible to turn USB power off elsewhere, just don't know atmo!

Dave.

Good. For those that find the BIOS scary (I do a bit!) it IS possible to turn USB power off elsewhere, just don't know atmo!

Dave.

Since this is not a function of the OS, but of the hardware, then the MB manufacturer would provide software inside the OS to configure the BIOS, which many do. This would be a post OS operation and would be a function of turning power off to the USB ports after shut down. Unless there is software provided by the MB manufacturer, for shout down, the answer would be, no there isn't another place.

Back