Make That Link

millersam7

Wanted to know if this mix is "broadcast quality" as required for licensing contracts.

Attachments

• Make That Link Master 1 Mp3 (2).mp3
    6.1 MB · Views: 21
What licensing contracts are you asking about, specifically? I didn't realize they had language about this?

I only listened to a few seconds, but the LUFS (-10) is a little high for something that style (my quick impression). Looks like it was over-limited, and if you Google around you'll find that there are many targets for online streaming that are lower, in the -13 to -17 range. But, -10 is probably Ok for a CD master for some genres - just didn't feel like that was where your song was headed. (And it shows a bit of clipping, so I'd remaster just to take care of those at least.)

There are no doubt more experienced opinions out there, but that's my $.02.

I agree that it's limited a bit hard. The quieter sections aren't too bad. But the louder sections are squashed.

I thought the tempo was a bit too fast.

I thought the bass had too much low end.

The vocal was a bit too far out front and noticeably dryer than the other tracks. I'm hearing pitch problems in a few spots. Small plosive at 3:01. There is a bit of cloudiness in the vocal. I'm guessing it's somewhere in the 500hz - 800hz range. Just a small cut would be necessary.

I'm hearing pitch problems in a few spots.

The pitch correction is pretty flagrant.

If you're looking at a contract, it should include real numbers that you can match to. (IANaLb, if it just says "broadcast quality" without defining what that means, it doesn't really mean anything)

Back