Magix Music Studio 2005 Deluxe

Twinhit

You gotta speak up!
Bought it new in '05
It's pretty nice for the price I gave 70 bucks back then still seems pretty nice, but I am curious about their newer products.
As far as the appearance of the GUIs it looks very smooth and realistic. I've tried some vst plugins some work some don't.
not sure why, though. d-loaded a VU meter for kicks and the needle doesn't coincide with MMS2005D's peak meter or peak meters in the mixer nor
with the audio signal. Seems to act more like a toy visual than anything else, looks nice, just doesn't syncronize.

Just thought I'd look for a fellow user who might be willing to help me understand a few things about this program.

PS, I am NOT a pirate! FYI I also have the CD and hardcopy paper manual.

Last edited:
Magix Music Studio was basically a lite version of Samplitude, which is Magix's professional recording software. I used it for many years and upgraded to various versions (MS10, MS12, MS14) until finally upgrading to Samplitude 11 Pro. To me, Music Studio was always one of the best-kept secrets in an affordable DAW software for home & project studios. Magix has changed their marketing strategy here in the U.S., and Music Studio is now Samplitude 11 Producer, which has a lot more pro features, but comes with a much higher price tag. If you want to learn more about the product, there are lots of tutorial videos for Samplitude online, and much of the information also applies to Music Studio. You can also check out the Music Studio forum at the Magix website, and I've also blogged about it:

MAGIX User Board -> Music Studio / Samplitude SE

Samplitude 11 Producer: Part 1 | Late Reflections – the Silent Sky Studios Blog

Back