Mackie MCU (Original), Logic Pro 9, and power supply HELP!!!

Emphasis

Hey guys, so I managed to get my hands on one of the original Mackie MCU controllers!
(The black model from the early 2000's, not one of the newer white "pro" models.)

Two of the conflicts that I'm facing are as follows:

Logic Pro 9 Compatibility

I plan on setting it up with Logic Pro 9, and wanted to know if any one here has had any luck doing so?
I've read through the logic manual, and it looks like the original MCU is supported, just want to verify if anybody here has done it, before tackling my next problem.

Power Supply Replacement
My MCU didn't come with one :(

I googled the specs (7.5V 4A) , and found two power supplies which i think might work.

The first one is kinda cheap, but looks a bit sketchy.
I'm not completely sure if this will work: 7.5V AC power adapter for Mackie Control Universal Pro

The latter, is an OEM replacement. Mackie 480 072 00 Power Supply by Mackie | Full Compass

It's kind of expensive, but looks more legit.
The problem is I'm not sure if I really want to spend about $100, since I don't know for a fact that the MCU still works.

Any suggestions for an inexpensive power supply would be greatly appreciated.

If the size and shape of the plug is about right, I'd feel confident investing another $24.99 to see if your Mackie MCU works. You may have found a bargain, but without a power supply you'll never know...

Back