MACKIE MACK !

It has a timer which is connected to highly radioactive
explosive device?

I own 1 and have no complaints!

I mean is there any part of the mixer (such as the pre amp) which is subject to degredation or noticable wear that would make it ill-advised to buy one of these used. Basically is it like buying a used book, which may be beat up but is the same great story. Or is it like buying a used condom, which just doesn't have that same "new condom" feel?

Well in my opinion,it's really up to the previous owner.
Did the indvidual use it with care, were there any probs with the pres,and fader or other circuitry repairs. I have owned mine for approx 8 months and only use it when I try to record on CakeWalkP9(luv the pre's,yet I'm still learning 'puter based recording). A friend of mine has had the 1402 for approx 2 years and he works the sh#t out of it and it is still in excellent condition.
Is there n-e way you can check it out and see if there are any probs with it? What is the asking price?

it's a bit under 300. Acceptible retail is about $379. (before tax/ shipping). I'll see if I can check the quality. Thanks.

Ask if it was used in a studio or for live gigs. Also if it was kept in a rack or even in a gig bag during transport. The more that it was moved around, the more chances that it has a lot of wear and tear.

-jhe

Just bought it, $255. It sounds cool, if all is well, I got a sick mixer for over $120 less than retail. We'll see. Thanks for looking out.

Story!

Even though it is after the fact, let me pass on a story that was passed on from a guy who did live sound with Mackie boards and worked at a music store...one day, a Mackie rep came in and brought in a beat up looking Mackie board, he said it looked all scraped up and shit. They took it outside and he told them to stand 10-15' from the brick wall outside and throw it at it, and they did...they went back inside and plugged it in, everything worked perfectly. Another story, he was using a Mackie 1604 at a live show one night, and the next day he found the same exact one he used at the store's repair counter...apparently someone was carrying the mixer on top of some stuff down the stairs and it slipped off...ouch? A few technicions took a look at it...absolutely NOTHING WRONG with the mixer. What does this tell you? ;)

Back