Mackie D8B

digital wonder

Im interested in purchasing one or two of these does anyone know anything about them or have one. a little information would be nice.

I have used one briefly, and thought it was pretty amazing. The processing was REALLY good and the rest of the automation was indeed fine too. They only have 12 mic preamps, I believe, but that is about the only downfall I can think of....but the converters are top rate..Appogees, I believe also. They are a steal at $9500, but I have a nagging feeling that this will *SEEM* expensive in just a short time. Not sure why you would want two..unless you are using a huge amount of tracks, etc.

Hey thanks for the advice and i have another quick question for anyone what is the cleanest sounding and all around best digital console you've ever seen,heard or worked with.

well..the Sony Oxford at Ocean Way in Nashville....but the Mackie isn't no slouch. If you have the bucks, aren't worried about depreciation, outfitting a project studio...(or personal home studio) and need the product now, I would go for the Mackie D8B, without a doubt. I have yet to hear one negative about the board.

yeah i figured either $300,000 to $500,000 i think that to many channels for what im trying to acomplish anyways so i think im going to go with the D8B, thanks for your help.

Back