Mackie cfx12 sub- outs

leinad_kpg

hello there!
this might sound a bit awkward, but i am really curious about this. So, here's the question. i have a Delta 1010LT sound card and i recently purchased Mackie CFX12 mixer, so i was wondering whether i could use a single channel sub-out i.e., Sub-Out channel one as a stereo channel, coz the channel has got switches labelled Left & Right.So for instance. i wanted to record a small gig by a band..... will i be able to route the a guitar & Bass from input channel 1 & 2 to Sub-Out 1 left and right and into the DAW in two different tracks as the input 1 & 2 of the delta 1010lt ?....... Plez Help.... thanks

I think you'll find that the left and right buttons assign Sub-1 to the left and right of the main mix. This means if you assign channel 3 to 1-2 using the button, then the pan pot will pan between sub 1 and sub 2. If you then set sub 1 assigned to 'left' and sub 2 assigned to 'right' then 1+2 effectively work as one complete stereo sub-mix, before the "main mix" fader.

Does that make sense to you?

In other words, assign both the bass and guitar channels to "1-2" with their dedicated buttons, then pan guitar left and bass right. Now you will also have guitar on sub 1 and bass on sub 2, and could plug your soundcard straight into the sub 1 and sub 2 outputs on top of the mixer. Or to listen on headphones (which can be useful), next on sub 1 hit the 'left' button and on sub 2 hit the 'right' button. At this point you will have guitar on the left of the "main mix" fader and bass on the right. All you need to do then is plug the Main Out L and R outputs at the top of the mixer into your soundcard.

Hope that's simple and straight forwards enough for you?

Back