MACKIE 24X8 W/ Meter Bridge - CHEAP!!

newatthis

I have, in storage, a used Mackie 24X8 with meter bridge. This unit is used, and I had it as a second "backup" console. It's been in storage since I got it with the exception of being used last Summer by a sound company who borrowed it as a monitor mix console.

Anyway, they said besides a couple slightly scratchy pods (easily remedied) everything on the board worked great.

It's in a road case, and its not cosmetically beat up (scratched, cracked or anything),,,,,,just looks like the typical board thats been used but not abused. And as said, it is to be working perfectly.

Again, this unit is used, and I have not played with it since it was used last summer.

It also comes with a road case (in good shape).

If there is an interest, I may sell it for $675.00 (as-is) plus you pay shipping obviously.

Again it comes with the meter bridge, power supply, road case and of course the console itself. (If I remember correctly, the one meter on the bridge might need the glass lense glued in place to hold. I think it popped out when I first got it, and I popped it back in place)

Anyway,,,just seeing if there is any interest. Being as I am selling it as-is, I am willing to sell it cheap!! (I have like 5 consoles and its time to unload them,,,into recording now and not live sound anymore)

Let me know if anyone is interested. ;) I can also take pics and send them if your serious,,,because otherwise I dont want to have to dig it out of storage. Oh by the way,,,the storage is in my finished basement which is climate controlled,,,,but somewhere under about 120K of recording gear stacked up to go into the new studio. :o ;) Dont make me dig it out unless your serious in maybe buying it.

EDIT: Oh yes.... I would also trade for some cool toys, in lieu of money, that I might be able to use in the new Studio. Let me know what you have, whether its recording gear, or stuff I could just use for backline equipment. ;)

Thanks
AJ

Wow yeah I'd definitly consider it, i would like to see some pictures too though if its not too hard to get out :o.

Do you have any estimates on how much shipping would bo to New York?

Thanks a ton

Those who responded....give me until Monday to answer your questions and PMs. I am working nights right now and am pulling double 16 hour shifts. Will be off work Monday for 4 days :).

Thanks ;)

AJ

For those interested in this board,,I didnt fall off the face of the earth. I just got very tied up my 4 days off due to a 46 room Mansion buring down in my neighborhood (I am a Firefighter by trade), and needing to get my electrical in the new Studio done for the inspection. So,,I didnt have time to respond, dig the thing out, or take pics of it. I apologize. :o

Right now I again am in between 2 - 16 night shifts, but will get this info to those of you who are interested ASAP.

Sorry for the delay, and its still available for sale. :o

AJ

Is there anything at all wrong with the console? Just curious because you stated "as is" several times and that just makes me curious. Thanks.

Is there anything at all wrong with the console? Just curious because you stated "as is" several times and that just makes me curious. Thanks

I am stating "as is" to make sure thats understood because I bought this console used to have as a backup for my other Mackie 24X8. I used to do live sound (which I no longer do), and although I have other consoles, I wanted a backup for the main board I used which was the Mackie 24X8.

Anyway, being as it was a "back up" I never once used it exceot for when I first picked it up. When I picked it up, I turned it on, popped a mic into each channel to make sure they worked (which they did) then back in the case it went.

Then last summer a sound company borrowed it, and used it for a live gig they did (they had a couple gigs booked at the same time, so needed this console to make ends meet) anyway, after the gig, they said besides a couple scratchy knobs which cleared themselves out by turning/working them, the board worked perfectly. They had no problems with it at all.

Again, since I never used it beyond the above, I am making it "as is" and I think its obvious I established the cheap price for the board based on all this.

I know I took my other 24X8 board to a Mackie dealer, had them totally tear it down and bench it, clean it, and bring it back to specs,,,and that cost me $200.00. so I was figuring the new owner of this board would probably want to do the same.

Also,,as far as the Meter bridge,,,,that has never been played with, so thats "as is" as well.

Beyond that, and the fact that I did want to test everything one last time before selling it (which I am trying to find time to do) thats the story on the board. Time has been against me between work and the new Studio I am building. :o

AJ

Back