Mackie 24-8

I do not own one, but have used them several times. They are decent consoles. Lots of engineers like to bash Mackies but I still think they are very good for the money, but these days that price tag should not be too high. Keep an eye on the used market. They can go for pretty cheap and last a long time pretty maintainance free.

You may also want to check out the 4 buss consoles like the 24x4, which is a pretty solid console. They are not the best consoles on the planet, but not the worst. I have done major lable work on them and the record company did not seem to mind.

They arnt considered as good sounding as say a Ghost board or anything. They are in my opinion a little stale sounding because of the flabby mids and stuff. But ive found that theres something about them that work well with home user environments. Its like because the low mids are a little weak it helps compensate for poor acoustics and stuff like that.

And for the money these days, i wouldnt mind picking up a 24x8 as a spare board when i dont wonna take my Ghost out on a gig. You can find them for as low as $500 now a days. Thats a damn good deal in my opinion.

Danny

For less than the price of a Mackie 24*8 you can get something more exciting like a Soundcraft 200 series, or an Allen & Heath. I spent less than 1000 bucks to get a A&H 248 24 channel 8 buss that rocks... of course, the original list price on it was over 10k. But everyone in the world knows Mackie's are decent so the demand is for them--not with lesser known but superior mixers.

Just my 2 cents.

Back