Mackie 1640/1620 firewire playback behaviour

Guelph_Guy

Hi Everyone.

I'm experiencing an interesting issue with both my 1640 and 1620 boards.
The firewire is working fine , no issues with recording. However on firewire playback
My metering is acting up (high level on right channel and low level on left channel). I only have the 1 firewire card. So to rule out the mixer I moved the firewire card to the 1620 and the same problem occured. This seems to indicate that it's the Firewire card. I've re-seated the card as well as cleaned off the pins and no difference. Anyhow. to rule out the mixer buss, I fed signals into the tape in and sure enough the meters run fine. I'd like to point out that there is no level difference when I monitor via the headset.
So both boards work fine without the firewire card.

So One question. There is a gain control on the firewire card. I can move this control from min to max and there is no difference in any aspect of recording or playback. IS the is the proper behaviour? should I see a difference??

Thanks
RJ

Hi,

Have you found a fix for this ? I'm having the exact same issue with my 1620

Thanks
Math

Well, I'm only 3 yrs late LOL , it was some dried out capacitors on the firewire card and a bad op-amp , was 150.00 to repair and was covered under a performance warranty at my chain music store .. My expense $0.00. I still run the unit and it is fine.

Back