mackie 1202vlz pro (someone pls help me!!!)

mo187

right ....pls help me...i am stuck...i have the following gear

p4 2ghz pc
audiophile 2496
edirol pc300 midi controller
technics 1210's and behringer dx 500 dj mixer

i have recently bought the following gear

edirol ma-10a monitors
proteus 2000
mpc 2000xl

mackie 1202vlz pro

pls can someone help me as to how i connect all this up, i have come from a multimedia background and i am lost as to how to connect this all up..

does it matter what order i connect into the mixer.

i am using a technics mini system to play the 1210's that have only in's and out's phono connections. Can i connect the mixer from the decks into the mackie and then output from the mackie into the amp (phono's)???????

ideally i want to sample from the decks and also use them independently..

should i plug the monitors into the sound card or the mixer?????

any input is well appreciated and never forgotten.

thank you

I'm not sure what all the model numbers you've listed mean as I'm not familiar with all that gear. Provide a list with some kind of description as to what all the pieces and parts are and I'd be happy to take a crack at figuring out a hook-up strategy.

Alex

Plug keyboards into the line inputs.
Plug mics into the mic inputs.

You can send signals to the computer with the main outs (everything) or the inserts (that channel only).

You can hook up the outs of the soundcard to the line inputs and the monitors to the tape or main outs. Be carefull because if you hook up the soundcard outs to the mixer and then send the main outs back to the soundcard you might get a feedback loop when you record. That is why inserts are a good way to send in tracks to be recorded.

thanks guys...i appreciate your input..

alex w....thanks mate. i'll put up alist of my stuff and the connectors today....this is exactly what i need to be shown....i am fairly dumb when it comes to connections and need to be taken through it step by step..

tex roadkill....thanks boss..that info about using the tape outs has helped out alot...

what about the technics 1210's? how can i connect them up (i already use a dj mixer)

does anyone know if i nd a scsi cd rom for the mpc or can i load samples from my pc using this set up???

Back