Mac vs PC

billmcdonald

Well, here we go. I want to see some people discuss this...

Ive done some searching, and still dont feel educated enough.

What would make one better than the other? Does it really matter?

The only difference to me is price (PCs are considerably cheaper) and availability of software (lots more cheap and free stuff on PCs, but lots of nice stuff on Macs like Logic, and the video and DVD edititng tools Apple makes). I don't believe there is a reliability edge for either platform, and I don't believe there is a performance edge for either platform. I have both, and I need the Mac less than I used to, but it is definitely a nice thing to have.

C'mon buddy, do a search on this and other forums here - it seems every month someone just *has* to troll that question.

I replied to an exact same-looking post 2 days ago... just do a search... there's lots of info about that. No point of starting a new thread.

Please dont start these kind of threads, its just going to start another argument! If you really dont know what the difference is, play on a pc, and play on a mac! the simple, yet most effective method!

My friend has a G5 and he paid about $3000.00 for it (without the monitor). The G5 works great and is pretty fast BUT, I have built up my PC over time and have spent about $1200.00 all together on it. My PC can perform the same if not better than my friends G5 and I paid more than half what he did. There are also some pretty cool programs that macs have which PC's can't get, that's the only difference.

billmcdonald said:
dang...I searched, but I couldnt find anything

sorry guys

maybe I didnt use the right words or something :p

I just typed "mac or pc"

(with the quotes) and unearthed 4 *exact* threads.

And then after reading those, try "pc or mac" (again, with the quotes).

Back