Mac soundcards...help!

natbot

ok, so i just bought my first mac: a used Power Computing G3 400mhz, 260RAM baby. i've looked through magazines and asked dealers and no one seems to have any info for me about reasonably priced mac soundcards. i'm going to be doing a lot of analog recording, so four 1/4in inputs would be ideal. does anyone have any suggestions? i'd love to spend under $400 if possible. i've got new protools software, but no card. if you have any suggestions, i'm all ears.

Nice piece of work from MOTU!! On the cutting edge!!! Now, you can use any mac not just a power mac with this rack!! Beautiful!! Wish I had waited a few weeks to get one instead of the 2408 I got!! Oh well!! Something else to budget for!!

I have a mac g4 500 MHZ with 256 MB RAM and I use a delta 66 card from Midiman/M-Audio. It costs about $375 and is the quietest card I've every heard...silent. For mac (or Linux, or anything else for that mater) it is the best money/quality you can get. If you need a bunch of input channels (more then 4) you can get the Delta 1010 which has 8 anologue inputs and 2 digital inputs. It really is software dependent, though. What audio/midi sequencing software do you use?

Back