Mac OSX - Cubase.

Nunavut

I recently heard that Cubase isn't very compatible with Mac OSX. I am soon going to buy a Powerbook G4 and was planning to use Cubase ( i don't have to though). Just wondering if anyone can share opinions on this.

thanks!

When mac's OSX first came out, I think there was a lot of compatibility problems with every program out there because it was such a complete overhaul of the operating system. I believe that it is all taken care of now.

I have not heard any mac users complaining about it. Good luck and happy music making.

(If your really worried about it, you can go to steinbergs support forums for mac's and see what is going on over there, but with as many mac users as Cubase has, I'm sure I would have heard about mac problems if there were any compatibilty issues)

I have a powerbook and recently bought cubase and havent been impressed by it yet. i keep having problems with the program starting to skip and distort while recording. no one has been able to help me with this problem at steinberg or on their forums. i basically feel that i wasted 300 bucks at this point. we'll see though, hopefully someone can help. kinda wish i woulda stayed analog!

I don't reccomend Steinberg products for Macs, they have the worst performance, when compared to other Mac DAWs.

Logic runs fine on a G4/400, minimum for SX2 is G4/867 dual processors reccomended.

It's also plauged by over 100 bugs, over half were contained in SX1.

the reason Mac users are not complaining, because there are so few left. Most have moved on to better performing apps.

Thanks for the info!

What apps are recommended as a subsititute for Cubase that would be best to use on a Powerbook G4.

Also, what other things should i avoid that have troubles with Mac OSs.

cubase not again

Im a recient mac convert. i got a powerbook g4 and am currently running protools and it works dope. if you buy an m-box it comes w/ the program and you get and external sound device to import any live recording. i picked one up in the states for like 350.00usd
protools is secially designed to run w/ the mac op sys. you should really check it out! still got your pakaging send steinberg there shit back and demand a refund....tell em something about it interfearing w/ your driver response and that its not going to work for you. they'll give up the refund.

Back