Mac OS 10.5.8 Upgrade

vbass62

Greetings,

Here's my dilemma:

My G5 crashed the other day, so I thought it a good idea to upgrade to Leopard. Well I'm having a hard time with re-installing my Pro-Tools. Is there a way for me to do this without purchasing LE 8?

All info will be greatly appreciated.

What Pro Tools version have you got?

Unless it's 7.4 then you'll need to upgrade to Pro Tools 8.

I'm going to assume that you were on Tiger before. If you were, and had 7.4 then you can download Pro Tools 7.4.2 from the Digidesign site. This version is compatible with Leopard.

Thanks

Got LE 8 and am still fumbling my way thru it. So far so good. By any chance do you use/ understand MIDI tracking? I record bass & electric guitar w/ drum machine primarily, however I've been playing around with the Grand Piano plug-in and am wondering how I can record it. Any tips on getting started?

Thanks

Put the plug in on an instrument track, arm the track to record and hit record on the transport. This will record the midi events on the instrument track. When you hit play on the transport after you finish recording, the midi note/controls will trigger whatever instrument you have inserted on that track (in this case a grand piano VI).

If you don't want to always use the virtual instrument, bus the audio out to an audio track, arm the audio track and hit record on the transport. This will create and audio track, you can then make the VI track inactive (saves on CPU power)

Back