Mac not recognizing FTU Driver downloaded...

TheOverallKyle

I have recently switched from PC to a Mac G5, which I thought would be the easiest way to transfer my studio very smoothly, since I only use the preamps from a fast track ultra. However, when I plug in my fast track ultra after I install the driver from M-audio, it doesnt appear. The computer wont recognize the newly downloaded driver either and I am left in the dust. :confused: Is there anyone out there that knows what's going on and how it can be fixed?? None of my softwares can locate it. I use Cubase Le 4 on the PC and was hoping I could transfer it to the mac as well....

What does it do if you manually load the driver? There should be a driver kext (kernel extension) in /System/Library/Extensions/. Figure out what its name is, then run Terminal and type:

sudo kextload -v 6 /System/Library/Extensions/nameofthekernelextension.kext

substituting the right name. Tell us what it says.

sorry degat Im not really followin you... is it possible to tell me as simple as possible? like what exactly to look for and what to click?

sorry degat Im not really followin you... is it possible to tell me as simple as possible? like what exactly to look for and what to click?

1. In Finder, press Command-shift-G and type /System/Library/Extensions. Click "Go".
2. Figure out the name of the driver. It probably has "M-Audio" or similar in the name. I don't own a Fast Track Pro, so I can't tell you the name of the driver. You'll just have to look through the list in the Finder window that resulted from step 1.
3. Open a new Finder window (press Command-N).
4. Go to the Applications folder, then go to the Utilities folder inside it (or press Command-Shift-U to get there quickly).
5. Open Terminal.
6. Type

sudo kextload -v 6

but do NOT press return yet. Add an extra space at the end of the line, then drag the driver from the first Finder window onto the Terminal window. You should see the path appear---something like /System/Library/Extensions/MAudioFastTrack.kext or whatever.

7. Now press return.
8. It will ask you for a password. Enter your admin password and press return.
9. Copy and paste the error message.

Back