Mac Alternative to Peak

scrouch

Thinking of putting some mastering software on my Mac. Are there any alternatives to Peak out there? There are options for PC but I haven't seen much for Macs. Any ideas?

Izotope Ozone seems to be hot cakes too. I tried the demo and seems pretty good for a quick job. PLus tweekable for specific needs. It is a plug in though, so you need to use it in your host.

http://www.izotope.com/

i thought that peak was for the mac???????

(at least it used to be, maybe they don't make a mac version any more)

SonicAlbert said:
Peak is for the Mac, and is certainly still available and under constant development.

I use Peak 4, i also use Cubase sx's 'mastering suite' and find them both very useful. I have heard good things about quattro but i dont need it.

Peak is for the mac, and one of the only options from what I've seen. I don't think Wavelab or Soundforge work on Mac. Used to have them on my PC. I'll download the Peak and Quattro demos to check them out. How cut down is the LE version of Peak? Is it even useful?

I used the LE version for years, it's a good editor. I don't really remember what the differences are at this point, but I think there's a comparison chart on the Bias web site.

I haven't used Peak since the OS9 days, I still do have it on a partition (WHY???)

Anyway, its been buggy, but cannot be sure since I haven't used it since OSX. One thing is that Peak has the PowR algo ,and Quattro uses another algo- a shaped gausssian noise for dither. If that matters to you.
IMO Quattro may have less bells and whistles, but does the job, and the price is great.

Download the demos, after all its about how you feel working with it, and what you can accomplish.

T

Back