M1 T3

gasal69

I asked stupid Q here before because I don't know anything about non-strings instruments.

What is difference between KORG M1, KORG T3 and KORG EX-T3?
Which is (was) best and most expensive?

The M1 was the original 'workstation' keyboard in the modern sense of the term - a keyboard with sampled sounds and a sequencer built in. It made it's debut in the late '80's and had a postage-stamp size memory by todays standards. It made the most of it though, and through some careful programming by Korg engineers and managed, for example, a piano sound that's still used today.

The T1 was the sucessor to the M1 and had more memory, both sequencer and wave. The T1 was a monster with 88 keys and a cabinet to match. It came in several sizes (the M1 was just one size) including the medium-sized T2 and the M1-sized T3. The T3EX was a memory expanded version of the T3.

There's also a rack version of the M1 called the M1R. There was a version of the M1R called the EXM1R that gave it the same wave memory as the T series synths. The unexpanded M1/M1R had 4 megs of PCM ROM, and the T series and M1EX versions had 8 megs of PCM ROM. The keyboard version of the M1 could also be expanded to "EX" status.

The "EX" versions of the T series did not have more than 8 megs of PCM ROM, the "EX" in that case referred to an expanded PCM RAM (1 meg), meaning the user could load additional multisounds.

The T series also had an expanded sequencer, 200 user programs as opposed to the 100 user programs of the M series, a disk drive, and a bigger display. Otherwise they were essentially the same box--an M1EX or EXM1R would certainly sound the same as a T series synth.

There is no rack version of the T series, because the EXM1R serves that function.

Korg

Thanks guys.
I need some extra sound behind my guitar based songs.
No need for drum section and arrangement sections built in.

Only nice sounds like Hammond, piano, strings etc. Maybe sax-sound too.

I had several synths and keyboards but now never found the one for me.
It seems to me that KORG is nearest to my needs but everyone around me
is telling me how Roland and Yamaha are the best.

No offence but synth-track is always last thing I record and there is never too much of it on my finale mix.

If I work with one song two mounts only one or two days I spend using keyboard (or never).
That’s why I don't want to spend $$$$$$$$$ on Tyros 2 or other expensive machines.

Which one is the best for my use?
Let's see I'm going to spend $500-1000 for used one.

Back