M-ONE XL vs MPX550, ideas?

echomancer

I've decided that I'd like to purchase a new outboard FX processor and I've narrowed the decision down to these two units. Unfortunately, the nearest place that carries both units is a Guitar Center about 80 miles north of here that I can't get to before it closes because of work right now.

I'm considering the TC M-One XL and the Lexicon MPX550. Any thoughts on these units side by side? I think they're meant to be clear competitors. I used to own an original M-One that I used for guitar FX, but returned it and bought a GForce instead (which I'm very happy with). I returned it because I wasn't at all happy with the chorus on it (for guitar that is, I wanted a nice Fender Princeton type chorus, which I've decided you can only get from a stomp box or an amp).

Your throughts on this matter are greatly appreciated. OH, I'll be using this unit in the studio, not for a PA or live work.

Well, I can only tell you my experience comparing the MPX 500 with the M-One, which the M-One won hands down on the quality of the verb tails. Hopefully someone can give more current info.
RD

Back