m box questions

mojovoodoo

does anyone out there own the m-box?occasionally when tracking instruments there is a loud crackling noise throughout the whole new track,it is a mean nasty sound it actually makes my blood curdle ,i don't stress anymore though i just save the session and close and re-open it,and it's gone,but is this common?i have had the use of three seperate m-boxes on this mac g4 and they all have had that problem.am i doing something wrong?or is this just common?plus does anyone notice how cheap this machine is i have sent one back because the usb cable just wiggled out and damaged the connection.it is a fragile little thing,it doesn't even have any holes to mount it anywhere,one wrong move and the m-box is on the floor.anyone try and drill holes in the legs and mount it?email me please at
mojovoodoo@allcet.com

so you get some noise when monitoring ? i've run into this with a couple of different usb devices...but the recording is always clean.

no,not only monitoring,you can't tell unless you look closely at the track while recording,the mute is on while recording,so usually i won't hear it until afterwards,and it is this insane crackling,clicking noise,that clips out.it literally sounds like something is broken.

Back