m-audio revolution 7.1 digital soundcard

martinepiphone

guys im looking at purchasing a new soundcard something other than the soundblaster that came into my computer, but im not all that rich at the moment, so im looking at as cheap as i can get an upgrade...i found this soundcard, says it records at 24 bit, but all the plugins on the back are still 1/8, i was just wondering if that was ok, and if this card would be ok for me...like is it an actual upgrade from the soundblaster...i just hook my mixer up to the "in" on the computer and record everything from my mixer to the computer.
thanks!

Do you really, really want 7.1 surround sound?

If "no" than pick another M-Audio card like the Delta.

If "yes" then maybe you could get by with that card OR:

You could still buy something like the Delta for home recording and leave the SoundBlaster in. It would take a little extra action on your part when switching from "surround sound" mode to "home recording" mode. You just temporarily disable the other card in "device manager." I use my mobo's built in nVidea 6.1 card for TV/DVD/stereo use and my Aardvark 24/96 for recording. Before recording, I just disable the nVidea card.

how cheap can i get a decent soundcard? strictly for recording, because thats basically what i need it for, and the soundblaster isnt going to cut it
thanks!

Back