M-audio omni studio usb

Nateneal1966

I just purchased this on guitar vision for 199. It seemed cheaper than any other that i have seen and looks fairly functional.
I have read the posts on this product as well as others and the usb seams to be for mobile users....Although the same sound quality as a card? please confirm I am only recording myself...one input at a time...maybe two.

As I enter the world of recording I find myself stumbling thru mountains of stuff to buy. I already have a mackie 1402, a compreser, yamaha reverb. I think the last peice of the puzzle will be the software and possible an upgrade on the PC.
The mackie has the preamps....which sound good live but have nothing to compare to.
Other than some micrphones i thin k i am close to making music with my freinds...
Anything else as a must have for the basement studio...

One thing i have been wondering about is studio moniters. Why would i want this if i have a pa to playback through? would this just be for detail?

why?

Nateneal1966 said:
One thing i have been wondering about is studio moniters. Why would i want this if i have a pa to playback through? would this just be for detail?

why?
addicition to studio gear. studio gear lust,
as Daffy Duck would say "its dissspppicable!!"

you didn't know this forum is full of addicted gearheads,
who constantly want to upgrade which is just another
excuse to look at electronic toys for hours?? :)
search for Audio Bliss is kinda like a Holy Grail search...
if like Monty Python.

seriously, go to the very front home page of this HR.com...
they go over that monitor stuff, I still go back and read it over.

gotta go search some monitors...or was it 24bit recorders...
no,no, masterlink....DP01EFX....Wharfedales monitors...DMP3 or
save 5years for an Avalon preamp..need some more wall traps..

I recently bought the USB Omnistudio and i love it. It has fantastic quality and good onboard preamps. I use it to record pretty much just myself, but It will support up to 4 input channels simultaneously. I also own the Audiophile 2496 (On my PC) and the Omnistudio (Which I can easily switch between my Mac OS X iBook and my Windows XP PC) is every bit as good, but with more inputs. I am completely happy.

Studio moniters

What is the advantage of studio moniters compared to my PA moniters? I can play at any volume I need...so why the small speakers? Is the mix that different from different speakers.

Back