M Audio Omni Studio Trouble

Neonlite

I just bought the Omni Studio and am having troubles with it. I have drivers showing up and I set the Software mixer and patch controls just as they said to in the manual for testing. I then plug in a mic and guitar to input 1 & 2 and I get no sound level at all in the software mixer as it says I should. I have turned all mutes off for WavOut and WavIn 1/2 and turned up the levels to 0.0. I have set the patchbay screen to monitor mixer for H/W Out 1/2. I get no activity whatsover on the software mixer. :(

Any help? I am getting signals to the omni, it just seems nothing makes it to the Delta-66 card. I have Windows XP and installed the latest drivers.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I looked at the M-Audio site, but found nothing that helped.

ummm? yea..

yea it sounds like your doing everything right...... If I were you I would start reading the part in the manual about the warrenty.;)

M-Audio has great tech support and customer service

Good luck man

The hardware is great but the Delta software is not. Their control panel is terrible! I've had the same type of problem. When I finally got the right settings, more by trial and error than anything else, I saved them and have never looked back. I will buy a different setup just for better software when I find one.
Dave S.

oh here we go again...

OK... The Omni I/O box ships from the factory with the two buttons on the back labeled "To Ins 1/2" and "To Ins 3/4" activated (pressed in). They are usually shipped like this to keep them from breaking off in shipment. These buttons are to use if you are using the AUX inputs on the back and you activate the AUX inputs with these buttons. This way you can switch between the AUX and the main Ins pretty easily... just press a button. when activated, the AUX Ins work and the main Ins do not. to use Ins 1/2 on the front of the Omni I/O box, the AUX Ins have to be deactived. Good luck...

Oh, and once again people, reading the manual will help to avoid these kinda posts. This question is posted WAY too often. These buttons are clearly stated and explained in the Omni I/O manual. If you don't believe me, then go back and read it again, because clearly you didn't do a good job of reading it the 1st time around.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, my Omni Studio came with a Delta 66 manual that had it working with the delta 66 breakout box and not the omni. There is no omni manual. I downloaded the pdf from the web and tried what you said this morning and tried those buttons but it did not work. :(

I had the Guitar Center guys on the phone for awhile today and after trying much, they are ordering me a new one to be overnighted. We'll see what happens with that one. Thanks again for the input.

??? The Omni Studio comes with 2 manuals... the Delta66 manual and the Omni I/O manual. where did you buy it?? out of some guys trunk??

I bought it at The Guitar Center. When I got it home and opened it, I noticed everything had been opened, including the software, and one CD was missing completely (the Multi-track software on Volume one!). I would have taken it back anyway, but I thought if I got it all configured, I could just plug in the new one after I got it. I hope to get the new one by tomorrow.

ah I see... yes I would take that back and shove it directly up the salesman's arse...

hope you don't have any problems with the new one. ever need help doing something you can't find in the manual, give us a holler... there's a few of us Omni users around here.

Back