M-Audio Fast Track Pro + New Vista Drivers = OK?

ClenchedTeeth

I am thinking of buying my first USB interface. The M-Audio fast track pro seems to be a good choice and does everything I think I will need, though I have read it has problems with Vista.
M-Audio have released a driver this month for vista (5.10.00.5119v2 released on 09 June 2008), I was just wondering if anyone has tried it out and can confirm that it works well? All of the driver complaints I have seen seem to be from before the date that this was released, so hopefully these issues have been solved? (It seems typical of the internet, you can only find information from people complaining when something doesn't work, not when things work well).
The website says "winxp sp2 required, (Windows 2000, 98, 98SE, ME & NT not supported)" but makes no mention of vista (except in the drivers section).
Anyone tried these new drivers under vista (32 bit)? I also have a desktop running winxp but it would be nice to have both my desktop and laptop working well with the interface.

M-Audio is usually really good with their drivers. I've only been running mine on XP/Linux, but I haven't had any problems to speak of with it.

Cool, fingers crossed! Linux compatibility is always a bonus too. Now I just have that agonising wait while my new toy arrives...

Back